This is Monty, his owners brought him in to us as he had been vomiting and seeming generally “off it”. He was reluctant to eat, lethargic and was unsettled compared to his normal self.

He was admitted for investigations. Later in the day Monty had a 💩 where he passed a conker. He stayed with us for the rest of the day on a drip as conkers can be poisonous to dogs.

We saw him back the next day and his owner was pleased to report that he was back to his normal safe.

It is a reminder to us all of how poisonous conkers can be in dogs.

dog at abbey vets
petplan awards
abbey vet group logo