This is Millie feeling very sorry for herself after a bee/wasp stung her. Since the warmer weather we have seen a lot of bee/wasp stings.

Some dogs can be allergic to bee/wasp stings, this can include swelling, difficulty breathing and sometimes collapse.

Bee/wasp stings in the mouth can be more hazardous as swelling can block the airway.

Signs your dog or cat has been stung:

* Whining
* Holding up a paw (if stung in that area)
* Biting or nibbling at the site of the sting
* Drooling
* Pawing at the face or mouth
* Swelling
* Hives

If you are at all concerned and think your dog/cat has been stung , please contact the surgery straight away.

abbey vet group logo